Social media marketing is absolutely necessary for the survival of your business in the 21st century. Nearly 49% of shoppers have made a purchase based on a recommendation through a...
Press releases are great tools for promoting your brand and increasing your online visibility. When used properly, your business can experience many benefits. Unfortunately, many companies misuse their press releases, and they simply don’t know how to write them properly.
To get the most out of your press releases, follow these 5 tips.
1. Make it Newsworthy- The first step to writing a great press release is making sure you actually have something of value to say. Press releases are used to deliver news to interested parties. If you don’t have anything newsworthy to write about, then you might want to hold off on creating a press release. Otherwise, it will just look like a desperate attempt to promote your business.
2. Optimize the Content- Online press releases have changed the face of their distribution. Now, companies can publish their press releases on distribution websites online. For this reason, it’s important to optimize your press release for relevant terms. Since the search engines crave fresh content, your press release will rank well if optimized properly.
3. Get to the Point- The best press releases are those that can be digested easily. Within the first few sentences, readers should have an understanding of what the press release is about. You give them a brief overview of the topic first, and then, the rest of the press release includes the details.
4. Avoid Sales Jargon- Although the ultimate point of your press release is to promote your company, you don’t want it to read like a sales brochure for your products. Remember, a press release is a news item. Stick to the facts throughout the content, and avoid hyperbole at all costs. Stay professional, and your press release will be far more effective.
5. Include Contact Information- When writing your press release, you need to include as much contact information as possible. Include your website url, email address, phone number, and physical address. This will help interested parties get in touch with you quickly and effectively.