Eric Brantner SEO Content Writer Businesses hire SEO firms to help them rank better in the search engines. For most companies, the bottom line is results. If they rank well,...
The title tag is the most important tag. It has an average role in SEO and more importantly it can be a difference maker in bringing traffic to your website. The title tag not only displays on top of the browser window, but also appears as linked text in search engine results.
So, if you want your title tag to be successful, then apply some of the dos and don’ts below to your own title tags:
- Keep your title tag length at about 60 to 90 characters
- Consider | Using | Piping to break up keywords or phrases
- Put your primary keywords at the beginning of the tag
- Use title case which involves capitalizing everything except for smaller words like “for”, “is” and “a”
- Every single page on your website should have a unique title tag that correlates to the content on that specific page
- Minimize the use of commas
- Avoid using superlatives like “best” and “cheapest”
- Do not change the title tag regularly
- Craft together an engaging tag if possible to get more conversions
To get more information about SEO tactics or if you need assistance creating optimized title tags contact the Houston Search Engine Optimization Company Directory One at 713-465-0051