Business blogging has gained a reputation as an excellent online marketing tool. Does your business have a blog? Here are a few great points in how blogging can benefit your...
In today’s online marketplace, building trust with potential customers is a necessity. Consumers are already wary of getting scammed online, and anything on your website that gives them reason to distrust you will scare them away permanently. For this reason, it’s essential you take the steps necessary to earn your visitor’s trust. These guidelines will help you get on the right track to building a website that instills trust and authority.
- Provide Information- Instead of filling your website with gimmicky copy, have a section that provides them with quality information about your products and other relevant information. Personally, I feel the best way to do this is to create an articles section for you website. This section can contain articles that give customers insight into your products, while establishing you as an authority for industry information. Avoid filling these articles with pitches for your company. Instead, present them in a straight forward, fact focused manner.
- Be Easy to Contact- A sure fire sign that a website is run by an untrustworthy group is if it lacks contact information. Spammy websites rarely provide visitors with a way to get in contact with a human representative. Ease your visitor’s concerns by making it easy for them to get in touch with someone from your company. Human contact builds trust, and it can help create a loyal customer base.
- Participate in Blogs and Forums- Creating a company blog, commenting on other blogs, guest blogging, and answering questions on forums will all build trust and your authority. You should make creating content for these sites a part of your daily regimen. This will position your brand as a leading authority in your industry, and potential customers will have an easier time trusting you.
- Tell Visitors About Yourself- Having a simple “About Us” section on your website can do wonders for creating trust with your visitors. Just telling the visitors a little about yourself and the history of your company makes a personal connection with them, and it makes them more likely to be at ease when purchasing your products.
- Use Testimonials- When visitors see testimonials from prior customers gushing over their experience with your company, they feel like they’ve found a trustworthy company. For this reason, you should acquire testimonials from some of your clients to display on your site. Displaying them prominently proves to any unsure visitor that your company is in fact everything you claim it is.