SEO website marketing strategies still include link building as an important element. The higher the number of relevant incoming links a site acquires, the better it ranks with the search...
Author: Thomson Chemmanoor
The goal of every SEO is to build a site that ranks well with search engines. But building a website that ranks well with Google and other search engines has a great deal to do with how search bots see your website. With any type of SEO marketing, there are several factors that can negatively impact your ranking.
These following components may negatively affect a spider’s ability to crawl a page or Google rankings:
- Server is inaccessible for search engine bots.
- Duplicate of existing content within the site.
- Outgoing links to low quality/spammy sites.
- Duplicate title/meta tags on all pages.
- Overuse of targeted keywords (stuffing/spamming).
- Broken or missing internal links
- Wrong syntax in robots.txt file
- Wrong 301 redirects
- Characters in your web page URL
- Sites entirely built in frames and Flash
These are only some of the major factors that impact search rankings negatively. As you can imagine, there’s a host of other issues, such as no-follow links, which also make websites less crawlable.
Finally, continue to immerse yourself in website content usability tips and other natural search engine optimization resources. The goal is to build a site that is easily accessible to users as well as search bots. And as the saying goes, build it and they will come.