WEB HOSTING SERVICES
The range of web hosting services available today can be daunting for business owners who are trying to figure out what exactly they need to meet their Internet marketing goals. While you certainly don’t need to be an expert on computer applications or web software to choose the services you need, it is a good idea to have basic knowledge about the various aspects of web hosting:
- Domain Name Registration: A good web development company should be able to help you choose and register a domain name that reflects your company’s services or products. The domain name is basically your website address.
- FrontPage Access: Allows you to easily navigate through and change or update your website. Most web developers will give you their clients the ability to maneuver through the pages of their site, but will perform most of the modifications themselves.
- Email Accounts: Your web hosts should provide you with a certain number of email accounts that go with your domain. The number of available accounts will vary; free web hosts will usually only provide fewer than five, business accounts will generally have ten or more. The address to the emails will be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Reporting/Statistics: A web development company should be able to give you detailed reports of the number of visitors to your site. You are able to then use these reports to jointly analyze the success of your website.
- E-Commerce Capabilities: Most business clients want to know that they have the ability to use such features as a shopping cart and a guest book on their website. It is always best to hire a company that specializes in this type of Internet marketing, if you desire e-commerce to be a large part of your website’s purpose.
- Guestbook and Message Board: Both of these tools are great for encouraging visitor and company interaction, which can help to build relationships using Internet marketing tools. Some web development companies may even offer to post messages as a way to drive traffic to your site.
DIRECTORY ONE’S WEB HOSTING SERVICES
Directory One offers clients packages that include these and other important Internet services. Sometimes it is difficult to decide which service option is the one right for you; if you are not a web expert, all of the terms and features can get quite confusing. Directory One has a team of experts waiting to discuss the various service packages with you, and they are also anxious to tell you about the excellent technical support that comes standard for any Directory One client.