VIRUS TIPS & CLEANUP
KEEP YOUR PC RUNNING VIRUS FREE.
As technology becomes faster, easier to access and more widely used and accepted, the danger of viruses created by cyber-terrorists becomes greater. You can safely use your business and home computer if you become anti-virus savvy.
We recommend to all our clients that they take the time to become educated about viruses and the harm they can do to your computer and network. Although sometimes the computers of even the most cautious users can become infected, there are some general guidelines to avoid viruses:
- Never open an email if you do not recognize the address of the sender.
- Never open an email attachment unless you are sure about its contents even if you know the sender. Viruses are sometimes disguised as funny pictures or other attachments that people may unwittingly forward to their friends.
- Never download anything to your computer if you are unsure about the security of the download-site.
- Unless you are expecting an e-greeting or e-card, do not open these emails.
- Update your anti-virus software often.
For more tips, anti-virus software, and up-to-date virus information, visit the following web sites:
If, despite these precautions, you are unlucky enough to contract a computer virus or think you may have a virus, Directory One is available to help you recover. Phone consultations and support are free for current Directory One clients.
Directory One will provide your company with a Security tips in Houston when you call them at 713-465-0051.
Talk to the Houston security experts who are prepared to help your business succeed.