STEP 8: WHAT NOT TO DO
The following “tricks” can get you banned from search engines, and should NOT be used:
- Using hidden text.
- Using doorway pages, cloaking and deceptive redirects (poorly made pages designed only for search engine spiders that the user never sees because the user is redirected to a better, more user-friendly page)
- Automated submissions.? Do not use automated software to submit to search engines and directories.
- Keyword stuffing and excessive keyword density.? Do not repeat keywords over and over in META tags or in the content.
- Content repetition.? Some search engines use a “duplicate content filter.”? Do not duplicate your content or copy your content from another website (which would, of course, be immoral anyway).
- Joining link farms.? Do not include your site in any “linking schemes” or link farms designed only to generate long lists of incoming links.
Directory One will provide your company with a Search Engine Optimization in Houston when you call them at 713-465-0051.
Talk to the Houston SEO experts who are prepared to help your business succeed.