In previous blogs, we’ve talked about ways to use Social Media to interact directly with potential clients. I've shared how Facebook Advertising can get your message in front of potential...
SEO Content Writer
Social networking has become the newest tool in the brand building arsenal. Many would argue that Twitter is the hottest social network on the scene. For this reason, businesses are Tweeting their hearts out with the hopes that they’ll have a stronger brand at the end of the day. To help you make the most impact on Twitter, I’ve come up with a list of tips on using this social network for your business.
- Share the Love- Although the ultimate goal for your Twitter profile is to build your brand, it’s important to remember that every Tweet shouldn’t be an advertisement. The most effective Tweeters are those who share insightful links from around the internet. Instead of just promoting links to your own content, find other interesting articles from around the web. Doing this will help build your authority as an industry resource. It will cause your followers to pay even more attention to you.
- Announce Time Sensitive Events- The great thing about Twitter is its real time interaction. Many people have the network connected to their phone so they can be updated whenever new content is posted. Take advantage of this quick interaction by posting time sensitive information. For example, you could announce a special discount that is only available for a few hours. Or, you can break industry news by being the first to post about it.
- Add the Right People- Many times, our first instinct is to start blindly adding friends when we join a social network. There are a couple of reasons this isn’t the best practice for your business account on Twitter. First, the site limits the number of people you can follow to 2,000. While this may seem like a lot, it’s not. Second, you want to make sure the people you’re networked with actually care about what you’re posting and vice versa. Search through Twitter to find people with similar interests, and your communications will be far more effective.
- Interact with the Community- Posting to Twitter goes far beyond simply telling your followers to check out this link you found. Twitter is a social network; so, be social. The Tweeters who command the most attention are the ones who interact with their followers. Post thoughtful responses to their Tweets, and they will begin to feel they know you and your company. It’s all about building a relationship with your audience.
- Post Regularly- You don’t want to be the person that posts so often that everyone ignores what you say, but you also don’t want to be a ghost. You should post at least a few times each day. This keeps your company in the awareness of your followers. Regular posting also helps your readers learn more about you which will make them more comfortable doing business with you one day.