The new Microsoft Bing search engine introduces us to seven new and useful features, ranging from categorized search and deep links to related searches and search history. Best Match Bing...
What is the main goal of your website? If you’re a business owner, most likely your goal is to increase sales. Brand building, social networking, SEO, PPC, and other internet marketing techniques are all ultimately contributing to one thing- generating sales. So, is your website doing the job it’s intended for? If it’s not converting visitors into customers, you might consider changing your conversion strategy.
In the simplest of terms, the conversion rate is the percentage of website visitors that become customers. In other words, if 100 unique visitors stop by your website and 1 of them becomes a customer, your conversion rate is 1%. Simple enough, right?
But what if you want to aim for a higher conversion rate? You feel more than 1% of your visitors should become paying customers. Here are a few tips to help improve your conversion rate.
- Perform Keyword Research- One reason you might be suffering from a low conversion rate is you aren’t attracting the right visitors to your site. These users often type a phrase in the search engine and find your business in the SERPs. If you’re targeting the wrong keywords on your website, you will receive the wrong visitors. You should conduct through keyword research to identify the best key terms for your website. More precise, long tail keywords tend to target visitors who are more interested in your product. Tailoring your keywords to your target audience will help improve your conversion rate.
- Focus on the User- Of course, all the right keywords in the world won’t help you if your website isn’t user friendly. Your website should accommodate the needs of your customers. Use clear, descriptive links to help your reader navigate easily through your webpage. Also, don’t make your visitor jump through hoops just to become a customer. A visitor should be able to purchase your product from any page on your site in no more than 2 clicks. By simplifying the process, you provide a satisfactory customer experience that generates loyalty and referrals.
- Establish Trust- Even though the number of online shoppers is increasing at a frantic rate, many people are still hesitant to buy from companies online. If you aren’t an international corporation that everyone immediately recognizes, you might face a difficult time convincing your visitors they can trust you. The best way to earn their trust is to clearly state the truth about your products. Avoid gimmicks at all cost. Furthermore, have a clear return policy on your website so that customers know they have an option should they not be satisfied with your product. Additionally, you should make it easy for your customer to contact a representative from your company. A toll free hotline where a visitor can talk to a real life representative will help ease their worries, and it will put them on the path to becoming a loyal customer.
- Have Plenty of Content- Websites with vague descriptions and little information do little to earn new customers. One of the best ways to improve your conversion rate is to build your authority through quality, relevant information. I find article sections to be a great way of providing visitors with all the information they desire. Simply create articles about your products, services, and other relevant information your customer might be interested in. All of this information will help educate the customer while earning their trust and their business.
- But Divide the Content Clearly- Content is king, but how you present it is more important. If your website is one long page of content, visitors will click “back” in a hurry. You should always divide your content into short, unique sections. Doing this will help visitors find the content they need without having to dig through useless information. This improves the usability of your website, and it streamlines the buying process for your customers.