Putting the "Social" back in Social Media Social media has altered the relationship that has existed between companies and consumers since the advent of modern advertising. Gone are the days...
SEO Content Writing
This week saw a lot of interesting and informative posts about Internet marketing. In case you missed any of them, here are my favorite posts from this past week.
On the Directory One Blog
- On Tuesday, I reminded readers that content is the key to a successful link building campaign. The number of inbound links you receive is often directly proportionate to the quality of your content. Follow all the link building strategies you want; if your content is boring, you won’t get good links.
- For the technically challenged, Herb Firestone posted a blog about embedding a video on WordPress. While this is certainly WordPress 101, it’s worth going over because videos can really spice up your blog.
Around the Web
- Finally, I found someone who agrees with what I’ve been saying all along. Copywriting skills are important for SEO content writing. So many SEO companies are content with passing off keyword stuffed, boring content that ranks well. Like I said earlier this week, who cares if you rank well if your content is an embarrassment to your company? Quality copywriting skills are necessary for website conversion.
- Bill Hartzer of Search Engine Guide wrote a great post about 6 ways to generate links quickly. In this day and age where everyone wants instant satisfaction, these tips provide a great link building resource. However, always remember the most effective link building campaigns require a long term commitment.
- For a few laughs, read this post about a real life SEO snake oil salesman who appeared at SES San Jose. It just goes to show you have to be careful when purchasing SEO services. Most SEO agencies are great quality, but there are a few bad apples out there. People who say that you will be #1 on all the major search engines within 24 hours should never be taken seriously.