Measurable SEO Results Measurable SEO results are delivered by Directory One, the search engine marketing company that has been trusted by large and small businesses alike around the Houston, TX...
SEO Content Writer
Copywriting is the backbone of every successful website marketing campaign. You can have the most advanced design of any website online, but without the right words, you’ll never convert your visitors into customers. Not only does SEO copywriting help you get the rankings to attract website visitors, but it also helps you convince your readers to take action.
Unfortunately, many websites are filled with boring, filler content. It’s almost as if the content was simply an afterthought.
Here are 5 common SEO copywriting mistakes.
1. Not Hiring a Professional Copywriter- To me, the biggest mistake most companies make is to not hire a professional SEO copywriter for their website. They hold the belief that just any old content will do. That’s simply not true. A professional copywriter can create results-driven content that makes your visitors take action.
2. Keyword Stuffing- As a copywriter, few things frustrate me more than landing on a website stuffed with keywords. While optimizing your content is certainly important, you have to make sure your human visitors can easily read your web copy. Like I always say, what’s the point of getting high search engine rankings if your visitors click back as soon as they see your website?
3. Boring Titles- This is another instance of SEO gone wild. Yes, placing keywords in your title is a good idea. However, you should never sacrifice the quality of your content for the sake of SEO. You can have the best of both worlds. Make your titles compelling and keyword rich.
4. Big Blocks of Text- Several studies have been conducted to determine how people view content online. All of the experts agree: online users tend to scan content rather than read it. For this reason, using long passages of text is suicide for your website. You need to break your content up into short paragraphs with bolded headings throughout. This accommodates your readers by making it more scanner-friendly.
5. No Call to Action- This is Copywriting 101—a strong call to action is necessary for getting your visitors to take action. Your readers will never take action unless you tell them what you want them to do. Your call to action should be clearly visible, incentive-based, and easy to follow. A strong call to action will improve your conversion rate exponentially.