Step 8: What Not To Do
The following "tricks" can get you banned from search engines, and should NOT be used:
- Using hidden text.
- Using doorway pages, cloaking and deceptive redirects (poorly made pages designed only for search engine spiders that the user never sees because the user is redirected to a better, more user-friendly page)
- Automated submissions.? Do not use automated software to submit to search engines and directories.
- Keyword stuffing and excessive keyword density.? Do not repeat keywords over and over in META tags or in the content.
- Content repetition.? Some search engines use a "duplicate content filter."? Do not duplicate your content or copy your content from another website (which would, of course, be immoral anyway).
- Joining link farms.? Do not include your site in any "linking schemes" or link farms designed only to generate long lists of incoming links.